Friday, November 13, 2009

Dear Google Blog Search ... You Suck

Every time I give Google Blog Search a try, I realize that it sucks more then the previous time. May be I am dumb or something, but the presence of the word "Blog" in the service, gave me the feeling that it is intended to let us search into blog posts, but the truth is that Google - which is by the way the owner of one of the most popular blog hosting services - can't differentiate between blogs and newspapers.

Today, I wanted to find what people are saying about the war taking place in Yemen, so I searched for the word "Houthi", and guess what, 8 out of the top 10 results I received there were from newspapers, news sites, and even forums.

So, it's either Google is not very familiar with the World Wide Web, and doesn't know what a blog is, or their Blog Search Algorithm is a piece of shit.

No comments: